First off, at this time last year life looked a lot different. All the adoption doors we knew of were closed in our face (but one opened up a few months later), so I was imagining life would look a lot different than it actually has.
- travel to Africa again or a new country – nope, but we did go to California again
do 27 of my Pinterest pins– I didn’t keep a tally but I’m sure I did at least that many
- take a blog rest every seven weeks – I started and did it a few times and then realized that taking breaks made me want to blog less, the more I blog the more I want to and the more ideas I have, seems strange, but whatever works!
- send some happy mail each month – oh boy, I started, sent a couple and then stopped
keep dreaming– I keep this on my list every year, it’s an easy one to cross off, my dreams are so different now than they were a year ago buy fair trade more often– I’ve definitely done a bit more of this
- buy ten house plants and keep five alive – um, I’ve only got a pot of succulents and an aloe vera plant left, not surprising
- make blessing bags to keep in the van and giveaway when needed – nope, and no excuses either
- make some lunches to take downtown and give away – same as above
- tutor some elementary students – nope
make forts with Raeca– we’ve made a few!
- teach Rae preschool – no, not really but we’ve done some school-ish activities
sew a quilt– yes! a cute chevron guy, check him out here
- start or get involved in a social enterprise – hmm, nope
- go on a weekend getaway with Jared – we totally had one planned but he was sick over that weekend, so no again
sew an article of clothing for myself– I did! create a reading corner in Raeca’s room– we had one for a while but it all changed now
- do a month of crossfit – ha, what was I thinking?! no.
- “run” 10K – nope
go on a picnic with my little family– we had one with my parents and brother when we went to Fort Carlton last summer
- photograph each of my grandparents, and Jared’s grandpa too – no, but it’s on my list for this year!
- continuing writing monthly letters to Raeca – unfortunately I haven’t been too consistent with this
meet an online friend– yes! I meet an Instagram friend and a couple of blogger friends! take risks– we started with our fourth adoption agency, I’d count that as risky
- get back into my morning prayer routine – some days are better than others
- pray for the entire world – nope
teach an art class– I’ve taught quite a few photography workshops
For a grand total of 11/27 – that’s a pretty awful total. For my twenty-six things I was able to complete 21/26. But like I mentioned in the beginning, some of it really had to do with having completely different expectations for the year (aka the adoption on hold) but after a few months things completely changed (hello adoption agency #4!). Hopefully I can do a lot better for my list of twenty-eight things. I actually plan on keeping you updated through the year this year, so maybe that will help.
MEGAN @ RIVERS & ROADS
Rivers and Roads is a lifestyle blog full of stories about my life in Tennessee, the mini adventures I go on, my journey with Jesus, DIYs, photographic endeavors, my love for Colorado and the outdoors, and my print shop dreams. I have been surprised and joyfully overwhelmed by the friends I’ve made in this community that have encouraged me to dream, pursue, and grow. Rivers and Roads is a place for bloggers, small business or shop owners, obsessive DIYers, Disney lovers, ambitious creatives, and talented dreamers. Life is a beautiful journey. I’d love for you to be a part of mine!
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER!
Hi Friend, I would love for you to sign up for my seasonal-ish newsletter! I would love to send it monthly but I feel like in this season of my life that will probably not happen but I would like to commit to sending one out at least every three months.
In the newsletter you can expect little (or big!) life updates, what I've been reading in the Bible, and all sorts of resources I've been loving and lessons God has been teaching me.