I love this quote I came across in a Dee Henderson book a few months back and it really hit home:
“she doesn’t waste her life.
she just lives it.”
Living life is what I’m aiming for.
On to the list for this year:
1. get professional family photos done
2. order photo books for 2013, 2014 & South Africa
3. decorate our master bedroom (and get a new bed since Jared broke ours)
4. continue our now-annual summer camping tradition
5. document my grandparent’s stories (like actually write them down)
6. get some photos with Raeca and some horses (her obsession)
7. also on that note, get some photos with Ephraim and trucks/tractors (his obsession)
8. start saving for Europe (next year are both of our 30th birthdays and 10th wedding anniversary!)
9. put more effort into celebrations/events/occasions
10. go on five more day (or longer) trips around Saskatchewan
11. buy that elusive globe (ha, this is from last year’s list)
12. go canoeing or kayaking
13. buy an old school popcorn popper for the movie area I want to create (I’ve got my eye on this popper)
14. get some drawings into my nature journal (and some watercolor too)
15. run at least one workshop (hopefully more)
16. start a tradition of having my family over for one Sunday lunch a month
17. homeschool myself (I’ve realized I know absolutely nothing about history, so I’d like to improve this)
18. have supper with at least five of our neighbors
19. learn to freehand draw a map of the world (using the technique mentioned in The Core)
20. plant an apple tree
21. work on my hand lettering (I mentioned in my twenty-eight update but I’ve been going through this free series)
22. read twelve classics
23. read five missionary biographies (Jim Elliot and George Muller for sure, any other recommendations?)
24. start photographing some children and families again (knowing what I enjoy photographing and sticking to it is huge for me, the more I enjoy what I do, the better the photos are win-win for everyone)
25. start a podcast (so many ideas, so many little time!)
26. have a table at a craft show
27. do afterschooling with Raeca through kindergarten (similar to how we are now)
28. participate in the 31 days writing challenge in October (blogging every day for a month)
29. don’t let my marriage get pushed to the back burner just because things are good and life is busy, aka be more intentional about getting out on some dates!
I am excited for this year! Bring on twenty-nine!
If you make an annual list I’d love to know some of the items on yours.
Is there anything on my list that you can help me complete?
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER!
Hi Friend, I would love for you to sign up for my seasonal-ish newsletter! I would love to send it monthly but I feel like in this season of my life that will probably not happen but I would like to commit to sending one out at least every three months.
In the newsletter you can expect little (or big!) life updates, what I've been reading in the Bible, and all sorts of resources I've been loving and lessons God has been teaching me.