This post may contain affiliate links, you can read my affiliate disclosure here.
Since my birthday was nearly two months ago I figured this would be a good time to share my goals for the year.
I like to set goals each year at the beginning of the year and around my birthday, though I always go for a longer list of goals on my birthday and generally include some simple ones and some that I probably won’t reach.
I like to dream big and imagine possibilities and I like my goals to reflect that.
Though, apparently if I take two months to actually share my goals some are completed or in the process of and some I’ve already decided to change or completely cross off, such is life!
Curious about previous birthday goal lists? You can see my goal lists for twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine, and thirty. (And then apparently I went goal-less for two years before thirty-three.)
1) something big – so I’m not really being vague here to be mysterious, this “something big” has changed a few times in the last six months so I thought if I intentionally left it to be a fairly broad goal I would have a better chance of being able to check it off, so that’s where it stands for now.
2) increase my online income – I feel very fortunate to be able to make some money from my online hobbies/endeavors and I would like to see if I could increase it more in the next year.
3) actually live radically for Christ
4) get outside more
5) kingdom school the kids – pretty much I just want to teach my kids to live with eternity in mind.
6) get rid of stuff/live smaller
7) give more
8) pick a word of the month – well, I’ve already been failing this one . . .
9) have evenings in the backyard
10) bake some good gluten free bread – let me know if you have a good recipe!
11) take a class online
12) go on five Saskatchewan adventures – where should we go?
13) keep a nature journal
14) learn to sketch and/or watercolor
15) find a handicraft
16) study the Bible
17) go on a trip in the winter
18) make a plan for the front and side of the yard
19) —- I already decided not to do what I had written down for this goal
20) write a line a day – I got this journal for Mother’s Day and have been really enjoying it
21) figure out a topic for a book – though honestly, I don’t think I’m there yet
22) buy a fireplace – before you get grand visions, I am thinking a tiny, portable fireplace, aka cheap. But, I figure if we’re going to live in such a cold province I may as well get a little comfortable.
And that’s where my goals currently stand for the year! Since it took me so long to write them out here and there have been a number of changes I’m contemplating having a continual goal list for the future where I can just continually add, remove and check off my goals as I go through life.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER!
Hi Friend, I would love for you to sign up for my seasonal-ish newsletter! I would love to send it monthly but I feel like in this season of my life that will probably not happen but I would like to commit to sending one out at least every three months.
In the newsletter you can expect little (or big!) life updates, what I've been reading in the Bible, and all sorts of resources I've been loving and lessons God has been teaching me.