This post may contain affiliate links, you can read my affiliate disclosure here.
I’ve got just over 3 months to pull of doing these 26 things before my 27th birthday in May so I thought I would share a little update to let you know where I am at.
- get our referral –hasn’t happened yet . . .
read 10 books-done plus some. I chose this one so I knew I would at least accomplish one thing off of the list for this year!
- travel somewhere new -kind of but not really, still hoping it will happen
- start a missional living community or maybe just start living missional myself -still working on this, I have high hopes for the next few months
start or join an orphan ministry-maybe? does starting Once Was Lost count? I’m counting it! learn to wrap pretty gifts-I’ve done a few, counts in my books
- help someone begin the adoption process -I’ve answered lots of questions but to my knowledge none of those people have started the process -YET!
- photograph my everyday life -I think I’m getting better at this
dare to dream-lots of dreaming happening here!
- bake a cake from scratch -not yet
- watch a play -nope
learn a new art form–yes!
- become a mentor -nope
- find a mentor -nope
- develop the rolls of film I have sitting in my desk drawer -ha, still no, I actually might have thrown them in the garbage
go thrifting with a friend-I went with my mom, she’s my friend have a picnic-yup get our fence built-it wasn’t easy but yes! say “no” more-definitely! help my grandma organize her photos-no, but I offered and she doesn’t want them organized any more so I’m counting that as done create 2010, 2011 and 2012 photo books-yes! Can’t wait until they arrive! potty train Raeca-done! go on a date with Jared-yup! complete some of the DIY projects on my list-yes! give a presentation on our trip to Uganda-yup!
- learn some French (it is the official language of the DRC) -I’ve learned a few words, I definitely hope to learn more!
Hey, that’s more than half of them on the list, not doing too bad! I love seeing what I’ve done in the last year. I’m already dreaming of what I can put on my list for next year! 🙂
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER!
Hi Friend, I would love for you to sign up for my seasonal-ish newsletter! I would love to send it monthly but I feel like in this season of my life that will probably not happen but I would like to commit to sending one out at least every three months.
In the newsletter you can expect little (or big!) life updates, what I've been reading in the Bible, and all sorts of resources I've been loving and lessons God has been teaching me.